Friday, September 18, 2020
BOOM: WW3 Panic Rises As Iran Deploys Fighter Jets On Western Skies...

BOOM: WW3 Panic Rises As Iran Deploys Fighter Jets On Western Skies After US Airstrike Killed Commander

189
0

The Iranian military has launched its F14 fighter jets amid increasing tensions of a possible World War 3 following the killing of Qasem Soleimani by the United States airstrike in Baghdad, the capital of Iraq.

Soleimani was Iran’s military commander and second most powerful figure in the Western Asian country. His killing signals the latest escalation in the decades-long tension between Washington and Tehran.

Quoting Iranian state television, NBC news correspondent Ali Arouzi tweeted: “Iranian F14 fighters jets maneuvering on the western skies and on alert and patrol. State TV”.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Twitter: “The US bears responsibility for all consequences of its rogue adventurism.” 

Washington confirmed that US forces had killed the general.

They claimed that the General approved the attacks on the US Embassy in Baghdad earlier this week.

They said in a statement: “This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans”.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said his death will make Iran “more decisive” against Washington and Donald Trump.

He said on state television: “Soleimani’s martyrdom will make Iran more decisive to resist America’s expansionism and to defend our Islamic values.

Hassan Rouhani, Iraninan President

“With no doubt, Iran and other freedom-seeking countries in the region will take his revenge.”

The US thought that the Major General Qasem Soleimani was behind attacks on the US.

In 2018, he was a part of a video warning Trump: “I’m telling you Mr Trump the gambler, I’m telling you, know that we are close to you in that place you don’t think we are.

“You will start the war but we will end it.”

Major General Qasem was killed by US airstrikes

Syria has condemned the killing and has called it the “treacherous, criminal American aggression”.

Former Vice President of the US, Joe Biden, has called the attack a “hugely escalatory move in an already dangerous region” and said President Donald Trump had “tossed a stick of dynamite into a tinderbox”.

He wrote: “We could be on the brink of a major conflict across the Middle East.”

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: